New Families & Students: Guidelines
Welcome to Linden! The following FAQs have been developed to ensure your transition to Linden is as smooth as possible.
If you have any further questions please email email@example.com.
New Parent FAQs
1. What are the school's hours?
- School starts at 8:50 a.m. and ends at 3:45 p.m.
2. When does the schedule get shared for the year?
- Class timetables will be shared on your daughter's first day of school.
- The School Calendar lists upcoming school events. This calendar is updated regularly and we encourage you to check it frequently during the school year as event times can change.
- The Athletics Schedule provides information about sports practices and tournaments.
3. Will we need to purchase school supplies?
- Most supplies are covered by the activity fee included in your tuition, however, some additional supplies may be desired. Information about supplies needed for all grades will be provided during your daughter's first week at school.
- Please check out our new Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Information for Grade 9-12 (PDF).
- Molly Tucci, our music teacher, has provided information about musical instruments here.
4. What is the dress code? Are uniforms required?
- We do not have uniforms. Please see our Parent & Student Handbook for information on our dress code.
5. How much homework is typically assigned?
- Your daughter's homeroom teacher will provide more information on our homework policy when your daughter starts school.
6. Now that my daughter is admitted to Linden, who will be my main contact for more information?
Please visit our Contact webpage for frequently contacted people, and see below for additional information:
- New Student Registration: For all registration related inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuition and Fees: Jean Geary is the first point of contact for paying your first registration/infrastructure and tuition fees, and can be reached at email@example.com. For subsequent tuition fee payments, please contact Mary Verni at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Receptionist: Our administrators welcome all community members and they are your first point of contact when you call the school to report an absence, delay, or to ask a question. They look forward to getting to know you! You may email them at email@example.com.
- Principal: Janice Gladstone, Linden's Principal is responsible for the leadership and support of all the students and academic staff, and ensures the daily life of the school runs smoothly and effectively. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teachers: The Core teacher in the Junior School, the homeroom teacher for students entering Middle School, the individual teachers for students entering Grade 9 – 12, and the Learning and Guidance Counsellor for students entering Grade 9 – 12. You can find their emails here.
- Learning and Guidance Counsellor: Elana Moscovitch manages academic, social, and emotional well-being of our students. She acts as an important resource and ongoing source of support. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Parent Ambassador and Volunteer Coordinator, Caron To: Caron welcomes the opportunity to orient new families to Linden, and to connect you with more parents. Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Communications: Our Communications team ensures that you receive our e-newsletters and timely school communications and can be reached at email@example.com.
7. Can my daughter visit Linden before school starts?
If you enroll at Linden before school starts in the fall, you and your daughter will be invited to attend our Welcome Breakfast and Celebration of STEM Sisterhood. You will be able to meet with Linden's faculty and staff, board members, and parent volunteers. Your daughter will be able to visit her homeroom and access her assigned locker (please remember to bring a lock for the locker). Faculty and staff will all be present and look forward to meeting your daughter!
8. How do we learn more about Linden and school activities?
- If you are joining at the start of the academic year, information about the first day of school will be posted online and emailed to you.
- The list of important dates for the coming year can be reviewed on the School Calendar.
- For a full list of Linden faculty and their teaching assignments for the coming year, please refer to our Teachers & Courses webpage.
- You will also find it helpful to review school traditions together with your daughter, which are posted here: Linden Culture & Traditions.
9. Is there a school newsletter which will keep me informed of all school-related activities and events?
Yes, you will receive regular "VOICE" e-newsletters, which contains photos and articles about upcoming events. In addition, we send a weekly bulletin, “This Week at Linden,” to keep you apprised of important dates and events. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are experiencing any issues with your newsletter subscription, or to add/change your subscription email address. We also encourage grandparents and additional caregivers/guardians to subscribe to our e-newsletter. Contact the communications team at email@example.com.
Official school communication includes the following:
- Regular E-newsletters, VOICE and This Week at Linden sent via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Financial receipts and reminders sent via firstname.lastname@example.org. To send an e-transfer please email email@example.com.
- Volunteering news and opportunities sent via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Updates from the Linden Board of Trustees sent via email@example.com.
- Updates from your daughter's teachers.
We also encourage you to take advantage of our online resources by frequently visiting our website, especially:
- News and Events: http://www.lindenschool.ca/news_events.
- Online Calendar: http://www.lindenschool.ca/calendar.
- Athletics Schedule: http://www.lindenschool.ca/athletics_schedule.
- Important Documents and Permission Forms under the "Parents" tab on our website.
Updates via Social Media
Community members, especially parents and guardians, are encouraged to follow our official social media accounts for news and updates:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Linden-School/282316645218224
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheLindenSchool
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lindenschool.ca/
10. How do we get involved with the Linden community and get to know other parents?
- Our Parent Ambassador and Volunteer Coordinator Caron To can help answer general questions about Linden and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There will be a number of opportunities for new parents to initiate friendships over the course of the year. Caron To will be reaching out to parents to organize parent socials, and other events. You are encouraged to volunteer at Linden events as this is a great way to meet other parents and make new friends.