New Families & Students: Guidelines
Welcome to Linden! The following FAQs have been developed to ensure your transition to Linden is as smooth as possible.
Information about our Safe Return to School Plan, along with government updates, can be found in the Parent section of our website under Public Health Information and Safe Return to School.
If you have any further questions please email [email protected].
New Parent FAQs
What are the school's hours?
In the interests of safety, we are staggering our start and end times. Please see our webpage on School Start and End Times for more information.
Before and After School Care
We are pleased to announce that Before and After School Care will be offered in 2021-2022, however, due to safety concerns, we are offering the services only to students in the JK-Grade 4 cohort. Click here for more information and registration.
When does the schedule get shared for the year?
- Class timetables will be shared on your child's first day of school.
- The School Calendar lists upcoming school events. This calendar is updated regularly and we encourage you to check it frequently during the school year as event times can change.
- The Athletics Schedule provides information about sports practices and tournaments when these can be safely offered.
Will we need to purchase school supplies?
- Most supplies are covered by the activity fee included in your tuition, however, a few additional supplies are recommended. These are listed here, along with suggested supplies to have on hand at home in the event of a school closure.
- Please check out our new Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Information for Grade 7-12.
- Grade 3-8 families, and high school students studying music: Music Teacher Molly Tucci has provided information about musical instruments here.
How much homework is typically assigned?
Your child's homeroom teacher will provide more information on our homework policy when your child starts school.
Now that my child is admitted to Linden, who will be my main contact for more information?
Please visit our Contact webpage for frequently contacted people, and see below for additional information:
- New Student Registration: For all registration related inquiries please email [email protected].
- Tuition and Fees: For tuition fee payments, please contact Mary Verni at [email protected].
- Receptionist: Our administrators welcome all community members and they are your first point of contact when you call the school to report an absence, delay, or to ask a question. They look forward to getting to know you! You may email them at [email protected].
- Principal: Tara Silver, Linden's Principal, is responsible for the leadership and support of all the students and academic staff, and ensures the daily life of the school runs smoothly and effectively. She can be reached at [email protected].
- Teachers: The Core teacher in the Junior School, the homeroom teacher for students entering Middle School, the individual teachers for students entering Grade 9 – 12. You can find their emails here.
- Communications: Our Communications team ensures that you receive our e-newsletters and timely school communications and can be reached at [email protected].
Can my child visit Linden before school starts?
Due to the pandemic, only staff and students are permitted to enter the school for the time being. We have reimagined our start of year onboarding events for students and families so that they can take place outdoors. Please check the calendar to find out more about our family get-togethers in the parks.
How do we learn more about Linden and school activities?
- The list of important dates for the coming year can be reviewed on the School Calendar.
- For a full list of Linden faculty and their teaching assignments for the coming year, please refer to our Teachers & Courses webpage.
- You will also find it helpful to review school traditions together with your child, which are posted here: Linden Culture & Traditions.
Is there a school newsletter which will keep me informed of all school-related activities and events?
Yes, you will receive regular "VOICE" e-newsletters, which contain photos and articles about events and activities at Linden, and interviews with faculty members and alumnae. We encourage grandparents and additional family members to subscribe to our e-newsletter. Contact the communications team at [email protected].
We also send a brief weekly bulletin, “This Week at Linden,” to keep you apprised of upcoming important dates and events.
Please email [email protected] if you are experiencing any issues with your newsletter subscription, or to add/change your subscription email address.
Official school communication includes the following:
- Regular E-newsletters, VOICE and This Week at Linden sent via [email protected] or [email protected].
- Financial receipts and reminders sent via [email protected]. To send an e-transfer please email [email protected].
- Volunteering news and opportunities sent via [email protected].
- Updates from the Linden Board of Trustees sent via [email protected].
- Updates from your child's teachers.
We also encourage you to take advantage of our online resources by frequently visiting our website, especially:
- News and Events: http://www.lindenschool.ca/news_events.
- Online Calendar: http://www.lindenschool.ca/calendar.
- Athletics Schedule: http://www.lindenschool.ca/athletics_schedule.
- Important Documents and Permission Forms under the "Parents" tab on our website.
Updates via Social Media
Community members, especially parents and guardians, are encouraged to follow our official social media accounts for news and updates:
How do we get involved with the Linden community and get to know other parents?
There will be a number of opportunities for families to initiate friendships over the course of the year beginning with Meet and Greet events in the parks, and Zoom calls for families in each class/grade.
Volunteering is a great way to meet other parents and make new friends. For more information, please email [email protected]
COMING SOON: The Community Directory is a wonderful way to connect with other families in your child’s grade. On the registration forms this year, there was an opportunity to opt-in to having your contact information included in the community directory. Sharing your contact information with other families helps to facilitate (distanced!) social events, carpool buddies and more. We encourage you to take part! The Community Directory will soon be posted in the secure Parent Portal of our website.