Grade 6 Students Graduate With Celebration, Surprises And Sage Advice
Typically Celebration to Greet the Summer spotlights Grade 12 students who are leaving Linden to start a new chapter. Our Grade 6 students are also marking an important milestone as they transition from elementary to middle school. Their teacher Savannah Barker created and held a ceremony for our 14 Grade 6 students on June 11 to celebrate their achievements and growth, collectively and as individuals. It ran a bit longer than expected: the girls surprised Savannah with a very moving tribute, which they planned themselves.
Prior to the ceremony, the Grade 6s were asked to come up with the following advice for their soon-to-be Grade 7 selves.
1. Maintain strong friendships.
2. Always stay kind (and don't try too hard to be cool).
3. Don't be afraid to have fun.
4. Stay true to yourself when you need a break.
5. Always stay happy.
6. Don't focus on the future - live in the present.
7. Stay positive as much as you can.
8. Enjoy the time that you have (it goes by quickly).
9. Treat people how you want to be treated.
10. Work hard.
“The list feels relevant advice to all of the students and faculty at this time,” said Savannah.