CERES Lab Call for Donations!
This academic year was the CERES Lab's inaugural year and we saw STEM teacher Beth Alexander transform her classroom into an amazing makerspace home to a wide variety of tools, gadgets, puzzles, games, and equipment. The CERES lab kept our students' imaginations busy throughout the year as they explored and experimented in ways never before seen at the school. (Check out Beth's Twitter feed to see CERES projects in action!)
This summer Beth will be planning for the coming year and rejuvenating our makerspace. If you're cleaning up basements, attics, garages, or cottages this summer, keep the CERES Lab in mind! Donations help us stretch our budget and keep items out of landfills! We are currently in need of the following:
- small pieces of wood like 2x4s or thin plywood (not pressure-treated or painted, for safety reasons)
- hardware (nuts and bolts, screws, washers, brackets, etc.)
- electronics supplies (wire connectors, insulated wire, etc.)
- acrylic paint
- fabric (especially felt) and other sewing supplies
- general craft supplies
- a chisel
- sheets of styrofoam (the kind used for insulation)
- building sets: tinkertoys, lego, etc.
- electronic toys and old computers (as long as you don't mind that they will be dismantled)
If you have questions, please contact Beth. These items can be dropped off outside the CERES lab during the first two weeks of July and mid-August onwards. Please label them: "CERES Lab." Thank you for supporting the CERES program!