Logo design by Beth Alexander, Linden STEM Teacher.
The new Coding, Engineering, Robotics, Electronics, Science (CERES) Lab at Linden aims to:
- Develop advanced coding and engineering skills in girls from the early years at Linden
- Empower girls to see themselves as creators of technology, and not just its consumers
- Promote critical thinking and creative skills by focused engagement in the technological design process
- Connect coding, design, and engineering to issues of social justice by empowering girls to use these skills to solve problems in the world
- Develop practical skills in safe woodworking, electronics, and robotics
- Encourage girls to pursue STEM and ICT at secondary and post-secondary levels
- Integrate engineering with science, math, and computer studies
We will be busy all summer getting the lab ready and look forward to unveiling it this fall!
Do you like this post?