Introducing Our New CERES Lab at Linden!
Logo design by Beth Alexander, Linden STEM Teacher.
The new Coding, Engineering, Robotics, Electronics, Science (CERES) Lab at Linden aims to:
- Develop advanced coding and engineering skills in girls from the early years at Linden
- Empower girls to see themselves as creators of technology, and not just its consumers
- Promote critical thinking and creative skills by focused engagement in the technological design process
- Connect coding, design, and engineering to issues of social justice by empowering girls to use these skills to solve problems in the world
- Develop practical skills in safe woodworking, electronics, and robotics
- Encourage girls to pursue STEM and ICT at secondary and post-secondary levels
- Integrate engineering with science, math, and computer studies
We will be busy all summer getting the lab ready and look forward to unveiling it this fall!